Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help making an object solid and printable

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
r_hodgettsPDTTL
301 Views, 3 Replies

Help making an object solid and printable

I have a 3D model of an aircraft I am trying to make 3D printable. The model has lots of internal detail however I just want to make a solid filled object and then 3D print in two opposing halves.

I am trying to use Meshmixer to achieve this but am struggling to get anything like what would lead to a decent print - I have tried adjusting the make solid settings but to be honest, I am getting nowhere.

Can anyone advise what I am doing wrong or am I simply trying to something that is not easily possible? I have attached pictures of the 3D model before and after I have tried to make it solid.

Thanks,

Rich

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hfcandrew
in reply to: r_hodgettsPDTTL

I can't say too much without the .mix.

But I do see blue lines which is bad.

I'm guessing this your first time printing something. Try auto-repairing in 'Windows 3D Builder'  first.

Message 3 of 4

Hi hfcandrew, thanks for the reply - not my first time printing something or drawing - but my first time trying to make a 3D model not designed to be 3D printed 3D printable.

Message 4 of 4
hfcandrew
in reply to: r_hodgettsPDTTL

Ah yes, gotcha.

Yep, preparing a model for printing, which was not originally designed to be printed, either takes 1 second, or 1 hour.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report