Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill the cavity of bone and make it become solid

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
peterantim
520 Views, 2 Replies

Fill the cavity of bone and make it become solid

Dear all,

I am having a problem filling the cavity. I intended to make this bone cavity become solid, which will be covered by the outer bone. So far, the solution I've found on the internet showed that the result will make the cavity shape lost. I want to establish both inner bone and outer bone because later I will assign different material properties in finite element analysis.

Therefore, how can I fill the cavity without loosening the cavity shape? Appreciate all your advice. Thank you so much

(I am sorry for my English. It is not my native language)

Tags (2)
Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MagWeb
in reply to: peterantim

You need to break the connection between exterior and interior surface, separate the shells, flip the surface of the interior and fill the open boundaries on both objects:

1. Go to SELECT and double click the green surface done via a planar cut to select it. Hit X to discard it.
  2. Leave SELECT, go to EDIT and run SeparateShells.
  3. With the interior shell object active hit Ctrl+A to select all of it.
  4. Run Edit/FlipNormals from the selection commands to invert the shell's surface direction.
  5. Run ANALYSIS/Inspector on both objects to fill the open boundaries.

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 3 of 3
peterantim
in reply to: MagWeb

Thank you very much for your help. The thing about Edit/FlipNormals is really insightful to me. Now I can save both the inner and outer bone separately and proceed to the next step.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums