Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut aligned to the face

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rodolfonobrega
993 Views, 2 Replies

Cut aligned to the face

Hi.

I'm trying to adjust a miniature through the meshmixer and I'm having some problems:

One of them is:

In the original model, the miniature's leg is "entering" his body (as can be seen in the image below).

The body and the leg are separated in the model, so I would like to cut the leg in the same plane of the body (as you can see in the second image), but I can only align the plane manually, I cannot align it to the bottom of the my miniature.

I tried to do this using the difference between the two objects but it didn't work.

rodolfonobrega_0-1615252925776.png

rodolfonobrega_1-1615253273514.png

Further, there is a part of my model that is inside the body (as well as the legs).

Is there a way to delete everything inside? (as seen in the image below).

rodolfonobrega_2-1615253514809.png

rodolfonobrega_3-1615253532629.png

Thankyou all.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MagWeb
in reply to: rodolfonobrega

You need to create a Pivot and make the PlaneCut widget snap to it:

1. Edit/Separate the legs from the body.
  2. With the body being active run EDIT/CreatePivot. Set PlacementMode to SurfacePoint and CoordinateFrame to GeometryFrame and double click somewhere on the lower planar surface of the body where the cut shall happen on the legs later on. This drops a pivot object there.
  3. Skip to the leg objects and run EDIT/PlaneCut. Clicking the pivot makes the cutting plane snap to it. You might need to switch the cut's direction using the wide, transparent blue arrow in the widget.

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 3 of 3
rodolfonobrega
in reply to: MagWeb

worked perfectly.
thank you so much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report