/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Normale Tabelle"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} https://www.dropbox.com/s/ioqtyd76zpofxqt/file01.mix?dl=0 Normal 0 21 false false false DE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Normale Tabelle"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman",serif;}Furthermore, do you have any suggestions for alternatives to Meshmixer? As I've already said, I have to edit (add parts, make holes, subtract objects etc.) meshed stl-files.   Thank you in advance!Cheers, Jan"/>
Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone perform boolean union on this file?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
uedxj
457 Views, 2 Replies

Can someone perform boolean union on this file?

Hello guys,
I'm experimenting with printable lithophanes right now and I use Meshmixer to edit the stl-files, which I have created with 3ds Max. In this particular project I created a sphere in 3ds Max and exported it as a stl-file (150mb). Afterwards I need to do some manipulations (chop off the bottom/top, add a stand etc.) and the only option I came across to do this, is Meshmixer. Since the stl is a mesh-file, I was not able to do the desired operations in any CAD software I have access to. Finally I was able to chop off the bottom and the top in Meshmixer (took 5h to complete), but now I'm running into issues when I try to do the "boolean union" of the sphere and the stand -> "an unknown fatal error has occured".

Unfortunately I don't have the computing power (constant lags) to work off the suggested steps which are mentioned e.g. here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/meshmixer/bolean-difference-quot-an-unknow-fatal-error-has-occurred-i...

So my question is, can someone perform the boolean union for me? The file can be downloaded from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ioqtyd76zpofxqt/file01.mix?dl=0

Furthermore, do you have any suggestions for alternatives to Meshmixer? As I've already said, I have to edit (add parts, make holes, subtract objects etc.) meshed stl-files.

Thank you in advance!
Cheers, Jan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MagWeb
in reply to: uedxj

I've sent a PM.

Gunter Weber
Triangle Artisan

Message 3 of 3
uedxj
in reply to: MagWeb

Thank you, works perfect! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report