Community
Meshmixer
Welcome to Autodesk’s Meshmixer Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Meshmixer topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blending booleaned object

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mdhan82
132 Views, 2 Replies

Blending booleaned object

Hello,

I'd be grateful if anyone could help with what I hope would have an easy solution.

I am trying to smooth the borders of a booleaned object to blend in with the object it was booleaned against. 

I included a screenshot with an example to better explain my question. The box is the object of interest, and the bunny is the object that was boolean subtracted from the box. Ultimately, I would like to smooth the borders of the box so that it seemlessly blends with the contours of the bunny's back (red lines). I tried using the Robust Smooth feature, but what I always get is "rolling in" of the undersurface of the box, preventing a nice seamless blend.

mdhan82_0-1711652078675.png

Any advice would be VERY MUCH appreciated. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hfcandrew
in reply to: mdhan82

You can set the brush to NOT affect an area of a different facegroup.

Generate a single facegroup for an area you are okay with being modified, and another for one you do NOT want modified. Then under your brush set you filter to "Restrict to Groups".

https://help.autodesk.com/view/MSHMXR/2019/ENU/?guid=GUID-FCA129C3-8DB8-489D-BE8C-37D8E610B42E

Message 3 of 3
mdhan82
in reply to: hfcandrew

Thank you for the incredibly detailed and thorough help!!! This answers my question perfectly, and I'm truly grateful!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report