Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Best Autodesk Software for File Conversions? (Re-visit 2016)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Drafter1981
2135 Views, 0 Replies

What is the Best Autodesk Software for File Conversions? (Re-visit 2016)

To All, “What is the Best Autodesk Software for File Conversions?” I’ve posted this in several areas and will leave it to the moderator(s) to add or remove this question into the appropriate forum(s). A little background on this question… I posted this same question a couple of years ago, hoping to get an answer or solution. Several of the top contributors, advocates and expert elites did respond however, there was not a reasonable solution other than to talk to an Autodesk Reseller. Given the fact that BIM, and 3D Printing is a little more popular now than in 2013, I’ve decided to repost this question especially since I run into the controversy about which file format to send to customers. With BIM, I usually just take a REVIT file, (*.rvt, or*.rfa) and export to AutoCAD (*.dwg) at whatever the year the customer needs the file, or just make an Adobe PDF file for the customer. This seems to cover all of my bases with BIM. Thankfully I haven’t run into any situations with Industry Foundation Class (*.IFC), or MicroStation (*.dgn). On the other hand 3D Modeling files has or seems to be a challenge. With 3D Modeled files, I’ve seem to be running into quite a lot of controversy. Most of the people I’ve worked with have only asked for “STL Files” (stereolithography files), or the regular AutoCAD’s (*.dwg). The last time I asked this question it was because the customer requested STEP files. I’ve also been asked to provide “G-codes” which I have created in the past (the old fashion way) but I’m wondering if some of the newer Autodesk software can handle this? The newest I’ve seen or experienced is Autodesk® Print Studio. With this in mind, to get back to the original topic, “What is the Best Autodesk Software for File Conversions?” As usual any information or help would be appreciated. Thanks again,
Milt Fitzgerald (a.k.a. Drafter1981)
Fitz’ Digital Cad Service L.L.C. (Consulting Business)
https://sites.google.com/site/fitzdigitalcadservice/
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report