Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Global design variables or parameters using Autolisp / Converting local

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
babijay43
1443 Views, 2 Replies

Delete Global design variables or parameters using Autolisp / Converting local

Hi all,

-Is there a way to delete or clear all global design variables with an Autolisp command?

-Additionally, has anyone encountered issues with converting assemblies containing localized parts to inventor? Inventor seems to treat all parts that are imported as external.  In Mechanical desktop, localized parts are used to make changes to a stock part within an assembly while leaving the original stock part file unchanged.  I know Inventor has options to get this same result (derived part, assembly level features), but is there a good way to convert an assembly with a localized part and maintain the local status?

Thanks,

Candace

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: babijay43

- Do you know the name of each and every design variable and what it needs to be 'cleared" to?

- Ask in the Inventor forum, those users might have some insights to share.
Message 3 of 3
babijay43
in reply to: pendean

I'm sorry for the late reply, I thought no one responded.  Must not have turned on email notifications for this post.  I do not know the names of the variables as they can change across different assemblies.  I was able to copy all global design variables to active design variables, so the model still has access to them.  I just need to find a way to delete the remaining global design variables that don't go away with "Purge".

Thanks,

Candace

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report