Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renderlayers disappearing 1/3 times when opening specfic scenes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Sigrid.mohn
232 Views, 1 Reply

Renderlayers disappearing 1/3 times when opening specfic scenes

Hi

I have quite an annoying issue with renderlayers disappearing this is a fairly big scene with about 70 renderlayers and quite a few visibility and matte visibility overrides (we use redshift so this is redshifts visibility and matte overrides), but not that many overrides within each renderlayer. However in the hypershade I can see that the renderlayers are there, they just haven't been caught up by the rendersetup window. So when I have tried to render any of these unstabile scenes in our renderfarm, it sometimes renders completely fine and other times renders a masterlayer randomly, sometimes after having almost fully rendered without issues and other times more frequent.

Any suggestions? Or tips for how to stabilize it or to prevent stuff like this from happening?

Oh btw I am using Maya 2018.6

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Sigrid.mohn
in reply to: Sigrid.mohn

Btw I have had to go assign specific geometry parts to some of the visibility/ matte nodes which might be part of the problem. So does anyone know a bit more about how the renderlayers work and how to avoid them breaking or falling out of the rendersetup?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report