Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

render mirrored glass

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
charlyo46
337 Views, 2 Replies

render mirrored glass

Hi people. I want to render a glass reflection on a mirror, but the wine glasses make a different effect. They just look so shadowed, but on the reflection are perfect. I use HDRI on skydome light, Arnold renderer, AiStandard surface on wine glasses (transmission weight: 1.000, specular weight: 1.000, IOR: 1.500, roughness: 0), AiStandard surface on mirror (specular: 1, IOR: 0, Roughness: 0). No changes with nothing more. 

espejo.png

¿Is it possibly the HDRI and the possition of the wine glasses make that shadow effect? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mspeer
in reply to: charlyo46

Hi!

Please increase the values for Ray Depth in Render Settings.

Message 3 of 3
charlyo46
in reply to: charlyo46

Ok, it was Ray depth>specular parameter from 1 to 5. But now I have other issue because I have another glass wine near the camera and now it appears so different. So I've tried to change the glass material, because all the glasses in the scene had the same material. Then this glass now have another standard surface and by changing the specular of the material parameters it solve well (not the way I wanted, but well).

So thankyou so much for your help. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report