Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem rendering XGEN interactive groomable splines with Arnold

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kinglaw
925 Views, 2 Replies

Problem rendering XGEN interactive groomable splines with Arnold

Been experimenting with the Xgen interactive groomable spines , like it so far the only problem is I can't seem to find a way of changing the color of the hair I created to render properly with Arnold when I choose a different color(red green or blue etc) and hit render the result is still the default brown color but when I render with mental ray the colors change.What am I doing wrong here? help, please!

KingLaw

-education has always been the doorway to my ignorance the more I learn the more I understand I will never Learn-

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: kinglaw

Hi

Changing the Root and Tip colors in the Hair Physical Shader works for me.

Maya 2017 Upgrade 3, MtoA 1.4.2.2, Windows 7.

What colors are you changing?

Does the Arnold Render View update to show other changes?

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 3

Sounds like you don't have an Arnold shader attached to the description. hairPhysical renders in Arnold, but xgen_hair_physical renders in Mental Ray, but not Arnold.

You can also add a ramp to color the hairs down the length by hooking up an xgmHairMapping node to the ramps UV inputs.

HairLengthMapping.png

You can attach other shaders as well as the afore mentioned ones, but results may vary.

Cheers

Michael Todd

XGen Product Owner and Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report