Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2018 Arnold can't put a light

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
7554 Views, 1 Reply

Maya 2018 Arnold can't put a light

hi, i installed maya recently on this computer, and my problem is that i just can't put an arnold light in my scene.

to be more precise, i sent my 3DS max 18 scene on maya, it worked then, i saw that arnold wasn't installed, so i closed maya and installed it, and now when i want to put a light in my scene, nothing happen except a red message :" # Error: TypeError: file C:\solidangle\mtoadeploy\2018\scripts\mtoa\utils.py line 497: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__' "

any idea?

reinstall?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

1. Try a reset of your preferences.
Rename the folder prefs in folder 2018 to something like prefs_backup, or to reset everything, the folder 2018 to 2018_backup (or even the maya folder to maya_backup). Maya creates new folders (don't copy preferences from previous Maya versions). Detailed at:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Reset-May...

If this does not help then re-install (and of course update Maya to Maya 2018 update 1).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators