Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2017 Batch Render Flags

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
halfstone
638 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2017 Batch Render Flags

Using Maya 2017 Update 3 with Arnold v. 1.4.2.1, doing some command-line renders.  

When I use the "-im filename" flag, I get an error 

here's the string I'm using - 

Render -r arnold -ai:lve 1 -x 3840 -y 2160 -reg 0 1920 0 1080 -im topLeft.exr YP.ma > topLeft.txt

and the error: 

Invalid use of Maya Object "topLeft.exr"

Clearly I'm breaking up a large render into four regions.  Everything in the command works fine until I put the "im" flag in there.  Is this flag not supported in Arnold?  Is there another flag I can use for the filename?  Obviously, it won't work to call all four regions by the same name - they'll just overwrite each other.  

The project is set correctly; the renderer finds all necessary files and writes the finished file to the right place, but will not allow me to overwrite the name. 

I have tried leaving off the extension and quoting the name, but to no avail.  I've even put in the absolute pathname.  

I tried the same command on a mental ray render with the same error - is this no longer supported in mental ray either?  

I suppose I can copy/paste the Maya file four times and name it something different for each batch render, but that's a little silly ... 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: halfstone
Message 3 of 3
halfstone
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

Thanks for this - sorry for the late-ish reply; I haven't had the chance to test it out at all but now that I have, it works just fine! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report