Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2017 Arnold Render Extra Bright.Please help

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1920 Views, 1 Reply

Maya 2017 Arnold Render Extra Bright.Please help

Basically, I am working on rendering my student film and the images are getting an additional gamma making them extra bright.

My first 2 shots rendered correctly but I had issues and felt that I just got lucky. I say this because with Image Sequence sometimes it would randomly out of nowhere start rendering the wrong camera then I would re-open the file, do it again and it would use the right camera. If I render not using Arnold View and save as Raw I seem to get the correct image most of the time and it always shows the correct result in the render views but Image Sequence and Arnold View when I save the images (png or jpgs) it makes them twice as bright. 

My set with lights is referenced into the scenes and in the set the renders work as expected. I managed to get the look in the first 2 shots as well but I keep getting this error.

Luckily I got the first two shots rendered but I have many more and the past 3 days have been me staying up all night trying to figure this out. 

I notice I get this error sometimes [maketx] Skipping native TX texture: F:/Maya_Projects/Wretchid_Thesis/sourceimages/Rig_Textures/Druggie_Textures/Druggie_Skin_Texture.tx

This link did not help https://support.solidangle.com/display/AFMUG/Maya+2017 and I am lost to what is causing this. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

If I understand correctly, you do a Render Sequence and display it in the Maya Render View, then do File > Save Image with Save Color-Managed Image selected.

That's baking in the sRGB view transform, so when you view the image, you have to view it with gamma = 1. If you view it with gamma 2.2, then you're getting twice the gamma.

This is not an error:

[maketx] Skipping native TX texture: F:/Maya_Projects/Wretchid_Thesis/sourceimages/Rig_Textures/Druggie_Textures/Druggie_Skin_Texture.tx

That's just telling you that the "auto convert to tx" feature skipped an existing tx file. It wasn't necessary to reconvert the original texture file.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report