Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing to After Effects?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3668 Views, 3 Replies

Importing to After Effects?

So I batch rendered some scenes specifying "png" but they didn't come out as actual png files so I had to rename them. This allowed me to import them as footage in After Effects which works MOSTLY except for this angry message:

After Effects: After Effects: AEGP Plugin PNGIO Support: Input file doesn’t seem to be a PNG file.

I really can't find any info on this error. The only POSSIBLE solution says to render as TIFF but I would really, REALLY rather not rerender everything, I really want to finish this project.

This may be more AE related (separate developer) than Autodesk related, I don't know, but I'm at a complete loss here.

Z-Depth is not checked.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ad1561
in reply to: Anonymous

what was the rendered out extension in the first place that you wouldn't be able to use in AE? o_0
Intel i7-2600K, ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe BIOS v3304
ASUS GTX 570, 4x4096MB Patriot Viper Xtreme DDR3 1600 RAM
OCZ Agility III, 120Gb SSD, Windows 7 x64
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

what was the rendered out extension in the first place that you wouldn't be able to use in AE? o_0

It didn't seem to HAVE one 0_o.

As in...I couldn't open it with anything. The file names seemed to end with "." and no actual extension.
Message 4 of 4
weshowe

To save re-rendering those files, maybe you could try bulk converting the file format to tiff. Photoshop should do that, but there are a lot of other image conversion programs that can, too.

<* Wes *>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report