Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to put a texture on one side of the object ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
4461 Views, 3 Replies

How to put a texture on one side of the object ?

how to put a texture on one side of the object, and not the entire object? works with extrude?

has some manual maya 2012, I used to also utilize the 2008, the interface is very different methodology and use of tools. hesitate a manual like Adobe software for Maya?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tem algum manual do maya 2012, estou acostumado a ultilizar o 2008, é muito diferente a interface e a metodologia de uso das ferramentas. exite algum manual parecido com os softwares da Adobe para Maya ?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

something you should know is that you need first to apply some material to whole object, create a new one which will be assigned to the side only.

lf l understood correctly what you want , then you first should select the face that is what you call "side" ,after that assign the material you want by right click on the material -just created - and select "assign material to selection".
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

What I do is select all the faces of a certain side, assuming the geometry is not too complex, and then I project a planar UV Map onto it, following the process for the other faces. Also, if you only want one side for more complex geometry to be textured, just project a UV on from the Axis it lies on.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Now I remembered! so long that I forget that manipulate the program, besides being difficult to find a good manual! Beside I refer to the sides of the square, which has four sides, I want to design a type of material on one side, with the projection possibilidde kinds of different materials on each side, you get the idea! Thanks for the help!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agora lembrei! faz tanto tempo que eu não manipulo o programa que esqueço, além de ser difícil encontrar um manual bom! Ao Lado me refiro aos lados do quadrado, que tem 4 lados, eu quero projetar um tipo de material em um dos lados, com a possibilidde de projeção de tipos de materiais diferentes em cada lado, essa é a idéia!

Obrigado pela ajuda!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report