Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashes when Rendering Sequences

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
526 Views, 5 Replies

Crashes when Rendering Sequences

I've just gotten a new PC for my rendering and animation projects. Maya has been working well for the past week. However, when it came to rendering out my sequences, it crashes after a single frame. It is not an issue on a particular scene, I have tried it with different textured scenes I have done in the past, all with different types of styles. All scenes were using aiStandardSurface for textures and have also tried rendering with GPU but the same issue. None of them were able to render more than 1 frame at a time, it just crashes. It also does not produce a MayaCrashLog when it does crash or shows any crash log when I reopen the file. Any idea of how to fix it? Is it a settings issue? 

I have attached my most recent Arnold log.

Specs:

Ryzen 5900X CPU

RTX 3070 GPU

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600Mhz RAM
ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro-Wifi

ASUS ROG 750W PSU

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: 191048K

Can you increase the Arnold log verbosity to Info? (Render Settings > Diagnostics)

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 6

I tried to render again, here is the Arnold log

Message 4 of 6
Stephen.Blair

@191048K wrote:

I tried to render again, here is the Arnold log

Thanks.

This was with Render > Render Sequence ?

Because I see the -3, -2, -1, 1, 3, 4 AA passes in the log, and those are the IPR progressive passes.

I don't know how to make Render Sequence do that. 

The log ends with this error, which unfortunately is completely generic and tells us little.

ERROR | signal caught: error C0000005 -- access violation

If you enable Ignore Textures (Render Settings > Diagnostics), does it still crash?
If so, then maybe you could share the scene file, without textures, for testing.

If you batch render it, does that crash?

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 5 of 6

Yes, it was rendered using render sequence as that's how I usually render out my scenes.

When I batch render it, despite intending to render out 3 frames, it stops rendering after 1 frame but it does not crash Maya.
When I enable Ignore Textures and render sequence, it crashes after 1 frame.
When I enable Ignore Textures and batch render, it also stops rendering after 1 frame but doesn't crash.

My scene file is in this google drive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/168igC7lfkB71bDx_OssWNJBRZILaemtu/view?usp=sharing

Message 6 of 6
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

Hi @Stephen.Blair , 
It's been a few days and I was thinking if would it be better to maybe download an older version of Maya? I'm currently using 2022.3 so would using 2022.2 make any difference? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report