Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Overrides (Maya 2017 update 2, Arnold, Render Sequence)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
txdiablo79
575 Views, 3 Replies

Camera Overrides (Maya 2017 update 2, Arnold, Render Sequence)

Hi there.  I posted almost a similar problem before and never got a response. When I create camera and resolution overrides for each render layer and render with the render sequence method, the moment it starts to render the next render layer maya freezes and I have to manually crash it.  The studio I work for mostly works on architectural projections using multiple camera angles and we completely rely on being able to do this.  I would revert back to legacy mode, but that would eliminate the possibility of using a cloud based render farm that isn't set up for legacy layers.  Is this a known issue!?  Thanks,

Danny

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Do you get an option to send an error report? If so do you have the crash report numbers?

Can you get an arnold log while trying to render a scene until it crashes. Then take a look through the log text file to see if there are any warnings or errors that look strange. Only takes a couple minutes check out the link below.

https://support.solidangle.com/display/AFMUG/Diagnostics

Post them and I can help you figure out what the warnings and errors mean.

Faline Custodio Da Silva

Message 3 of 4

Hi Faline,

Thank you for replying.  The only errors I see, which hopefully shed some light are: [mtoa] Setting camera CameraCenterBG_3400_X_Shape2000 failed and sometimes the other camera as well.  I see that in my Output Window.  So it doesn't crash, it just kind of freezes as it starts rendering the first frame of the next render layer after completing frames from the previous.  My processors are going at 99% and it's definitely using memory so it's trying to do something, but nothing happens.  Is there a way I can attach a simplified version of the file for you without it being posted?  Thank you,

Danny

Message 4 of 4

Yes you can send me a private message

Faline Custodio Da Silva

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report