Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold Renderer Fatal Error. Attempting to save in c

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
6852 Views, 18 Replies

Arnold Renderer Fatal Error. Attempting to save in c

Hello guys!
When I open Maya 2017 and put it to render in Arnold this error message appears. But in Maya's default rendering, this message does not appear. What could be causing this?

Sem título.png

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
faline.custodio.da.silva
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

What processor are you using?

Download the latest version of Arnold for Maya (MtoA) from the Solid Angle website. Do a clean install and see if that helps.

https://www.solidangle.com/arnold/download/

Also try resetting your prefs.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/Maya/files/GUID-393D1ECA-9B6E-4625-B5B1-3F28E62AFB1C-htm.html

Let me know if either of those help.

Faline Custodio Da Silva

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous

Hi
I am using the latest version 1.4.2 - 2017
I reset the prefs folder, and the problem continues. Is there anything else I can do?

Message 4 of 19
BenediZ

Hi, did you solve this somehow? I have the same problem with Arnold. Thanks for reply!

Message 5 of 19
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: BenediZ

Maya always displays that type of message when it crashes.

Get an Arnold log.

If you think it's Arnold, do some basic troubleshooting to isolate the problem.

Enable all the Ignore feature overrides, and then start turning them on, one by one, until you find the reason for the crash.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

Hello,

I've got a same problem because of the newest version of Arnold (1.4.2) but the older version of Arnold (1.3) worked. I use the Educational License of Maya 2017 and after setup of the Update 1-3 the error message appears and the program quits. Would you help me, how can I solve it? Thank you in advantage!

//Janos

Message 7 of 19
Stephen.Blair

Hi

You need to provide more information. What are you rendering? An empty scene?

Do you have an Arnold log for the failed render?

// Stephen Blair
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous

Thank you for the quick reply! Yes, I rendered an empty scene. I've attached the log file here.

Message 9 of 19
Stephen.Blair

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the quick reply! Yes, I rendered an empty scene. I've attached the log file here.

Thanks for the log. Based on that SynColor error, you are on OSX (or maybe Linux), right?

The SynColor error won't stop the render, but it will break the automatic conversion of textures to TX.

Could you increase the log verbosity level to Warnings + Info?

// Stephen Blair
Message 10 of 19

@Stephen.Blair wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the log. Based on that SynColor error, you are on OSX (or maybe Linux), right?

The SynColor error won't stop the render, but it will break the automatic conversion of textures to TX.

Could you increase the log verbosity level to Warnings + Info?

But first, you should confirm that your machine supports SSE4.1: http://wp.me/p2TBho-wG

// Stephen Blair
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous

Sorry for the short log, here is the longer. I'm just on Windows 10.

Message 12 of 19
Stephen.Blair

Hi

Not much more in that log. 

That SynColor error is weird, because I can't reproduce it. I can get SynColor errors when converting to tx, but not when rendering an empty scene.

{{{

00:00:00 785MB ERROR | [SynColor 2017.0.69]: XML parsing error (not well-formed (invalid token)) at line 5: synColorConfig.xml

}}}

That error happens if the TransformHome path is invalid. The default is the synColor folder in the Maya install:

{{{

<TransformsHome dir="C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2017/synColor" />

}}}

// Stephen Blair
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous

Hi,

Thank you.

Could you tell me, where can I check and set TransformHome path?

Thank you,

//Janos

Message 14 of 19
Stephen.Blair

Hi

In your Maya home folder, 2017/prefs/synColorConfig.xml should have valid paths. The TransformHome, by default, is a folder in the Maya install folder.

It's kinda weird that you get this error, something must be messed up with the install or the prefs.

// Stephen Blair
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous

Hi,

My problem is solved! The accented characters caused it, so I rewrited them in the "synColorConfig.xml" file and the Arnold renderer works. Thank you very much!

Regards,

Janos

Message 16 of 19
hankai8765

Hi, I have the same problem. But it seems that i do not have accented characters. What can I rewrite?1492056674(1).jpg

Message 17 of 19
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: hankai8765

Hi

It is probably the user name. Can you use a name like hankai8765, which is just plain text?

// Stephen Blair
Message 18 of 19
mspeer
in reply to: hankai8765

Hi!

Using non-ASCII characters or whitespace in any folder name / file path is not a good idea for Maya and some other applications.

Please report back if a new username / account solves the problem.

Message 19 of 19
Jasmine6699

Hello janoscs88,

I am sorry to bother you... I have the same problem with Arnold Renderer Fatal Error....

I saw you said you rewrited "synColorConfig.xml" file....Can I ask you how to rewrite it please? 

thank you so much!

Jasmine Li

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report