Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold MEL script error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2695 Views, 2 Replies

Arnold MEL script error

Hi everyone,

I'm in the middle of working on a new environment for my portfolio. So I was creating a chrome material for one of my object and I wanted to see how it would look with lights on. But when I open the render settings this is what happened. Nothing it's shown on the window to be able to change the render settings. Thank you for any help I can get.

# Error: line 1: IndexError: file C:\solidangle\mtoadeploy\2017\scripts\mtoa\ui\ae\customShapeAttributes.py line 932: list index out of range #
# Error: line 1: MelError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2017\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\core\language.py line 992: Error during execution of MEL script: line 1: IndexError: file C:\solidangle\mtoadeploy\2017\scripts\mtoa\ui\ae\customShapeAttributes.py line 932: list index out of range
Script:
createArnoldRendererCommonGlobalsTab #

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: Anonymous

So the Render Settings window is blank?

That's usually a scene-specific problem. The defaultArnoldRenderOptions node in that scene is broken.

First, try this:
- Restart Maya
- Open the Arnold Render Settings. That creates a defaultArnoldRenderOptions node.
- Try again to open the scene

If you still get the same errors, then do you have these four nodes in the scene?

- defaultArnoldRenderOptions
- defaultArnoldDriver
- defaultArnoldFilter
- defaultArnoldDisplayDriver

You can check in the Outliner, just clear Display > DAG Objects Only

If so, then try this:

- close the Render Settings dialog
- delete those four nodes
- save the scene (with a new name)
- restart Maya
- load the scene you just saved

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

Thank you!,

I ended up exporting everything as a fbx file and importing it back in and that worked. But if I encounter the same problem in the future I will follow your instructions for sure.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report