Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold 7 GPU rendering - Memory issues on Maya 2022 on previously issue-free scenes.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
leo.maldonado
532 Views, 0 Replies

Arnold 7 GPU rendering - Memory issues on Maya 2022 on previously issue-free scenes.

Hey everyone,

I just updated my Arnold 6 to the latest release, Arnold 7 / MtoA 5.0.0, and now I'm having memory issues on scenes that had no problems rendering with GPU prior to the update. I can render a simple sphere with a default Skydome Light fine, but when I open barely complex scenes that I was rendering fine just last night on Arnold 6, the rendering stops with this message.

Error: [gpu] an error happened during rendering. OptiX error is: Unknown error (Details: Function "_rtContextLaunch2D" caught exception: Encountered a CUDA error: cudaDriver().CuEventSynchronize( m_event ) returned (700): Illegal address, file: <internal>, line: 0)
	GPU 0 had 7547MB free before rendering started and 2829MB free when crash occurred
	GPU errors are sometimes due to a GPU not having enough remaining free memory. To see if this is what happened here, try simplifying your scene or running on a GPU with more free RAM to see if it solves the crash. Otherwise, upgrading to the latest nvidia gpu driver and Arnold core (available from www.arnoldrenderer.com) might fix the crash // 

I'm on the latest Nvidia Studio Drivers, Intel i7 9750H / RTX 2070 Max-Q / 16 GB Ram, and as I said, having no issues with the GPU renderer prior to the update. What gives?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report