Community
Maya Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya SDK topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Program Crash and Unresponsiveness

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AJVan93
256 Views, 2 Replies

Unexpected Program Crash and Unresponsiveness

To whomever, this may concern,

I am an advent Maya user for school. I need the expertise of someone, anyone, who may know why Maya 2016, and 2017 are crashing unexpectedly and are not being responsive on Mac OS. 

Here's the situation. Just the other day Maya 2016 was working fine, no problems what so ever. Until one evening, as I'm animating a model, Maya 2016 closes...completely. Lucky, my work was saved (of what I had done last). I get a little warning for Mac that "your program closed unexpectedly" and "would you like to reopen your program?" Of course, I reopen the program to continue my assignment, but as the loading screen appears on screen so does the student version save option box (for when you save your work). When I click on "continue" the option box goes away and...nothing. The program becomes unresponsive and my MacBook Pro starts overheating to the point the fans become audible. And I would have to Force Quit the program. The same thing happens when I click "Cancel" from the save option box. Then another box appears and says a file you were working on can't be saved, and the program freezes and my computer overheats itself again. Now, this isn't with just Maya 2016. Maya 2017, and even Maya 2015 are doing the same thing. And the worst part is, this happens with other files I haven't opened in Maya 2016, 2017, or 2015, yet. Maya will not open properly...AT ALL!!!

Now I have uninstalled and re-installed the program dozens of times. From here and there, the program will open again and work fine but does what I said back in the previous paragraph. Crashes without my consent and fails to reopen when I want it to. And here are screenshots of what I'm talking about below:

How is this possible and how do I fix this problem, because I need Maya for the rest of this month to complete homework assignments?Untitled-1.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: AJVan93

I suspect that you don't have proper write access on the Linux location that it is trying to save.  Maya needs more rights than some educational IT are willing to give.  You might need to involve someone there at the school.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: AJVan93

How'd you come out on this?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report