Community
Maya Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya SDK topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Standalone crash...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
433 Views, 2 Replies

Maya Standalone crash...

Hey guys,

first time poster. Would be great if you could help me out here 🙂

I am writing some python code at the moment that includes a custom node. In my test-suit (using lettuce) I am initializing maya-standalone and try to load the plugin for the node. Doing that from an external interpreter crashes maya. The crash happens every time and always when I do cmds.loadPlugin('insertPluginNameHere.py'). It works fine when doing it in the GUI-version and it also works in mayapy.exe. I compared os.environ in my external interpreter with the one in mayapy and all the paths should be fine (initializing and importing cmds does work). Is there anything else I can check to make sure that I have set up the environment correctly? I am on Windows7 64 bit.
I also attached WinDBG to the python process and catched the error but it doesn't really help me,- maybe it makes sense to one of you. Including it here just for reference. Was hoping it might give me a hint on what to do differently when setting up the environment...

http://pastebin.com/ybV3RtH0

I used lettuce-driven tests for custom nodes successfully in the past with Maya2012 and I am not sure what has changed or what I am doing inccorrectly. Any idea is very appreciated. Thanks guys,

Matti.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

In case anyone else has this problem at some point...

I wasn't able to fix the actual issue, but you can install lettuce (or any other external package) for the mayapy interpreter and then use that installation instead. When running lettuce from mayapy instead of an external interpreter, the plugins can be loaded. That works for me for the time being. It's a funny bug nonetheless...

Thanks, Matti.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I realize this is an old thread, but:

I have noticed a lot of plugins crash with Maya 2012 standalone, but load fine in Maya 2014 standalone. Same plugin, just compiled for different versions of Maya.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report