Community
Maya Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya SDK topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2020 hard crashes from urllib2

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
clamdragon
1126 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2020 hard crashes from urllib2

Hello all,

I'm posting this in the programming forum because that's the level that I'm guessing my issue is on. In python, when I call urllib2.urlopen (edit: or urllib.urlopen), Maya hard crashes - not even a fatal error window, it's just gone. Not absolutely every endpoint causes the crash, but many do. You may think the obvious answer is to not use urllib2.urlopen, but it's a plugin that's doing it so not really up to me. Bizarrely, this only happens on my new computer but not my old one. It's a new PC so Windows is freshly installed, and I have re-installed Maya several times now. It crashes in headless mode too - mayapy.exe will die if I run:

import urllib2
urllib2.urlopen("https://www.google.com")

Anybody ever seen something like this before?

Tags (3)
Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
clamdragon
in reply to: clamdragon

Some animators started having the issue. After looking around I think there is a conflict with 11th gen intel processors and Maya 2020's python SSL library. That's above my pay grade so I have just commented out all urllib requests in our plugins. I sure hope we don't end up needing them.

Message 3 of 3
techXVCP5
in reply to: clamdragon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report