Community
Maya Programming
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya SDK topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Line 147 error

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
AWilliams.7
1212 Views, 6 Replies

Line 147 error

I keep getting this error message from maya

C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/mayaRenderMenu.mel line 147: menuitem: Object 'rendeeCurrentFrameMenuItem' not found 

But when I search for it it's in the folder and I don't know how to fix this and I've tried uninstalling maya and reinstalling all together but it keeps popping up and the fix I did find 

1) Either I'm typing it in wrong and I need help

2) it's for linux and I'm on pc

So can some please help me?

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mspeer
in reply to: AWilliams.7

Hi!

Please try a reset of your preferences.
Rename the folder prefs in folder 2018 to something like prefs_backup, or to reset everything, the folder 2018 to 2018_backup (or even the maya folder to maya_backup). Maya creates new folders (don't copy preferences from previous Maya versions). Detailed at:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Reset-May...

Message 3 of 7
AWilliams.7
in reply to: mspeer

Hi, thank you for responding. Unfortunately, resetting Prefs doesn't seem to do the trick. Is there any other solution that might help? Thank you for helping me.

Message 4 of 7
mspeer

Hi!

At what step does this happen?

Any 3rd party plug-ins installed?

Also what does this mean, "2) it's for linux and I'm on pc"?

If you rename/reset the whole "2018" or "Maya" folder (not only prefs), then directly start Maya (not double-click on a scene-file in Explorer) this should not happen.

Message 5 of 7
AWilliams.7
in reply to: mspeer

sorry for the extremely late reply i've been having issues with my laptop.

Maya works on my laptop but I use it for school work, so I can't exactly render personal work on it because it gets in the way.

The desktop i have is pretty old but it downloads maya with no problem and even updates and can use maya as well. It's just when I go into the render menu most of it is gone, and it's only the render menu everything else if fine.

The option i found to fix this was 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-Obj...

^ this one, i have no idea how to even begin to put in somewhere.

The options you've asked me to do i have already tried before it's the change your prefs to prefs old and when you start up maya it should prompt you to make a new prefs fold or something like that but it never did that for me it's all automatic so when i close out of maya there is a new prefs folder.

I just want to use my desktop for rendering that's all.

Thank for your time and patience with me.

Message 6 of 7
JoeAlter-Inc

I think the knowledgebase article is telling you to execute the following command as superuser, from a Linux shell:

ln -sf /usr/lib64/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib64/libGL.so
Message 7 of 7
AWilliams.7
in reply to: JoeAlter-Inc

I figured as much, but yea. In any case I've just given up at this point. I think I just need to leave this old computer alone and sell or something.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report