Community
Maya Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya SDK topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Alembic through File > Import does not automatically reconnect Face Sets, Importing through Cache > Alembic Cache > Import Alembic does

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sophia.berger966CF
163 Views, 2 Replies

Importing Alembic through File > Import does not automatically reconnect Face Sets, Importing through Cache > Alembic Cache > Import Alembic does

Hi! Noticing some weird behavior, not quite sure why it would be happening but my test case sphere that has face sets on it does not reconnect when brought in through File > Import but DOES through Cache > Alembic Cache > Import Alembic. These are the settings for both:

Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 5.28.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 5.28.31 PM.png

Is this a settings issue or is there something else happening? I can show the command line output if necessary

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi!

Alembic is a 3rd Party Format provided by Imageworks and Lucas Film.

With 3rd party formats like this, using the custom export/import process will normally give you better results.

Is there a reason why you need to use the File->Import method?

Message 3 of 3

Not really, more just something I noticed (in the event that someone goes outside the workflow it may be an issue but by default shouldn't be.) Thanks for the information!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report