Community
Maya Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya SDK topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

# Error: UnicodeDecodeError: file C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2022\Python37\lib\encodings\cp1252.py line 23: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x8f in position 129: character maps to <undefined> #

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
miamonica013
14076 Views, 9 Replies

# Error: UnicodeDecodeError: file C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2022\Python37\lib\encodings\cp1252.py line 23: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x8f in position 129: character maps to <undefined> #

So I got this error each time I saved the scene, no matter iif it's blank or my old file,

the error:
2021-08-11.png

I installed Secure tool for Maya 2022, it detect the problem, fix it, but it keep coming back, 

can someone please help me,

thank you 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

I'm getting it too. 

Message 3 of 10
nelsoncruz
in reply to: miamonica013

@miamonica013 the error It is most likely coming from the security tool.  Did the Python error re-appear after upgrading to the latest version of the security tool "v1.0.3"?  If the Python error is now gone is the new issue that the file is not cleaning?  If that is the case, I can reach-out directly to help isolate the problem.  There is probably a mix of problems intertwining.  

Make sure before loading Maya that there is no vaccine.py in your local maya/scripts folder.  rename the userSetup.py file if one exists to make sure that is not triggering anything when loading Maya.  Afterwards start Maya and begin cleaning your scenes one by one by making sure the MayaScannerCB.py plugin is loaded.  

Nelson Cruz
Manager, Software QA Engineering
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 4 of 10
miamonica013
in reply to: nelsoncruz

Oh... I see, I did rename those files you mentioned, like, the inside, I
mean I edited the inside of the script, and the problem kind of disappeared
^^
Message 5 of 10
sjohns33
in reply to: miamonica013

Hello, I'm sorry if I bothered you, but would you mind explaining to how you did it? I encountered the same problem now and is trying to find the file to edit and cannot find it. Thank you so much!

Message 6 of 10
sjohns33
in reply to: sjohns33

Never mind, I found the path, renamed userSetup.py file, deleted vaccine.py and the message did not pop out. Thank you!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Hi!

Could you explain me how to do it? Step by step please. I'm new on maya and don't know much about it. I keep seeing the error message everytime I save my file.

Thanks.
Message 8 of 10

I've also gone through these steps and the issues is still there if you could kindly help

Message 9 of 10
laomusic_arts
in reply to: nelsoncruz

Hi!

here it is my solution, if you get this UnicodeEncodeError when you render:

# Error: line 1: UnicodeEncodeError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2016\bin\python27.zip\encodings\utf_8.py line 16: ascii #

it’s because the project folder has a special character in the name!

I just fixed the issue on my latest project in Maya 2018 Arnold 4021.

Hope this helps others!

LAO

Message 10 of 10
phapna1996

thisPC ->Document -> Maya -> scripts. (rename Usersetup and delete vaccine.py)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report