Community
Maya Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya SDK topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dylib to bundle

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ConanHorus
402 Views, 1 Reply

dylib to bundle

I have put together a plugin in Qt5 for Maya 2017 on the Mac. The output from compiling the project is a .dylib file. As I understand it, through experience and reading other forums, Maya wants all its plugins to be in .bundle format.

"Cool, I can figure out how to do that" I say to myself. I find this walk-through: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/Maya-SDK/files/Settin...

After I run the commands "make clean" and "clean," my files just end up completely unchanged. I still have a .dylib file and not a single .bundle file in sight. I only suspected something was wrong when the first line on instruction 5 ("cp */*.bundle plug-ins") resulted in an error.

What am I doing wrong? How do I make the thing work? Why is using Qt so arcane? Maybe that last question isn't so important, the point is that I've done my research, I have followed along with various official tutorials, obviously this is leading to dead-ends. What is a current and working method to get Maya to accept my plugin that is currently in .dylib form?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
EarthHobbit
in reply to: ConanHorus

Could you please share your makefile.qt ?

I am able to properly compile maya plugins (qt 4 and qt 5) to .bundle files, using command (MacOS terminal)

make -f Makefile.qt myPlugin.bundle

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report