Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellow hair in UV port

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
AleksandraDreval
8723 Views, 5 Replies

Yellow hair in UV port

Hi all!

I have faced some problems while modelling. I am working in a students version of Maya 2017. Today we had an automatic update of Windows 10 and after that some models start to be shown in UV port in a weird way. When applying images on the color of hair in the UV port they become yellow. They are following the texture, it is following the different shades as in the image,  but displays in yellow. If I am rendering in mental ray, it is showing as it suppose to be. However, the yellow color in the UV port is not disappears. It happen in different models and problem of not the only one model. Even if I am trying to reassign XGen hair (delete existing material and assign new description), the problem is not solved (when assigning images on the color, it becomes yellow). 

Moreover, I started to get different errors, like:

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2017/scripts/others/drInit.mel line 1961: Object '' not found. //

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2017/scripts/AETemplates/AEfileTemplate.mel line 639: Object 'textureUvTilingGeneratePreviewButton' not found. //

All of this was not an issue even yesterday, so I assume that Windows 10 update changed something and now Maya is giving me that problems and errors.

I have tried: 

1. recover to the previous windows build

2. reinstall Maya

3. reboot computer - 1 mln times 🙂

4. open previous versions of the models

5. numerous google searches and playings with deleting and reassigning images.

I am attaching some screenshots.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I am having the same problem. 

Just installed maya 2017 yesterday, exported an obj file from sketchup and it keeps giving me the same error message every time:

// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2017/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/AETemplates/AEfileTemplate.mel line 639: Object 'textureUvTilingGeneratePreviewButton' not found.

However, I'm running a OS X El Capitan, 20gb ddr1333mhz.

Everything else is working fine. Seems like its an error in the software package more than the obj file... 

Please advise...

Message 3 of 6
NandoStille
in reply to: mrjaysmall

Same error here. If you have enough materials in the scene it will eventually crash Maya.

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2017/scripts/AETemplates/AEfileTemplate.mel line 638: Object 'textureUvTilingGeneratePreviewButton' not found. //

Maya 2017 Update 2 on win7x64

Update 3 is not an option - if it fixes this? - because the scenes of a running project get screwed up there.

Message 4 of 6
info
in reply to: AleksandraDreval

I had same problem in Maya 2016.5.

I have just opened the AEfileTemplate.mel file and commented this lines:

//string $currButtonCmd = `button -q -command textureUvTilingGeneratePreviewButton`;
//deleteUI textureUvTilingGeneratePreviewButton;
//createGeneratePreviewButton(
//    `getAttr ($nodeName + ".uvTileProxyDirty")`, $currButtonCmd);

And it works. 🙂

Message 5 of 6
pavelR.
in reply to: info

Old thread.. well aware of that, responding to them wont be necessary if things would get fixed.

Had a similar issue with this 'textureUvTilingGeneratePreviewButton'. 
Turns out that some nodes were loaded within the hypershade graph-editor (opening a file means they were already laid out when opening hypershade...).

At "some" point this error started to show up whenever a filenode was selected, it also appeared then on every scene open within the current session.

Clearing the hypershade-graph and saving the scene fixed that.

And no, it's not corruptALotPrefs.mel (aka userPrefs.mel), since settings wise it is set to NOT save on application exit in addition to that it is set to read-only.. tired of having to redo the config every two weeks.

Just in case this might help some users facing the 'textureUvTilingGeneratePreviewButton' randomness.

PS: I like the, lets hack the supplied scripts to fix things, approach.

Message 6 of 6
pavelR.
in reply to: info

Believe it or don't... 

this textureUvTilingGeneratePreviewButton is caused by the one file you edited and in fact to make it not happen again (so far it worked and I couldn't reproduce this behavior anymore.. but will keep this ..old thread.. updated...)

one has to fix it..

AEfileTemplate.mel
global proc AEfileTextureCheckUseUvTilesUI(...)

This function gets called on weird constellations between scene loads... so far I observed it with regular scenes when the layout (workspace) had a node editor open.. and/or xgen related scenes... 

During scene-loading it tries to load non-existant nodes.. hence why the whole thing falls apart .. 

It happened rarely in the past but since I have a docked node editor I ran quiet frequent into this, and with swapping between scenes for xgen testings this became a maya-restart every 30min...

It does also not seem to be the 'last selected file-node' ..more like the topmost filenode of the previous scene.. sort of..

A working workaround is actually to open hypershade, goto the files tab and select a file.. error disappears ...for the currently loaded scene..

An actual better solution seems so far to add an actual check if the node that the template tries to open exists in the first place... (yes, hack the file Smiley Very Happy)

global proc AEfileTextureCheckUseUvTilesUI(string $nodeName, string $parent)
{
//explanation: this does an early-exit (return) out of the function if the node in question does not exist... if (! `objExists $nodeName`) { print($nodeName + " does NOT EXIST...\n"); return; } .... //rest of the file...

A better place would be to intercept the open/show/load AE function(s) to test for node existence.. I didn't do that because it requires me to dig though a pile of .mel files.. and we don't want the maya-devs to run out of work.. would we? ..

Mind that this only relates then to file-nodes.. not sure what else does break if maya tries to load non-existent nodes in other places.. but hey.. it's a start... and seems to work.. will do an update if this is not the case.

It's almost embarrassing to see how many times this gets called with non-existing nodes Smiley Frustrated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report