Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Vertex color alpha is red

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
fredrik
1114 Views, 1 Reply

Vertex color alpha is red

Hi,

(not really sure where to post this question, first time ever visiting the forums :S)

I trying to paint vertex colors (alpha) on a grass mesh so I can control how much the wind bends the grass in unity. I have figured out how to use the "color set editor" to create a new color set that supposedly only uses the alpha channel instead of rgb or rgba. But it seems maya is using the red channel instead of using the alpha channel. The vertices are painted red and when I import the fbx to unity the mesh is indeed red and black.. I have google the crap out of this issue and can only find people with the same problem but without a solution. I have never dabbled with vertex colors before and this is driving me nuts XD

Does anyone have an idea of what to do? It doesn't seem to be much I can do on the unity side of things..

Thanks in advance ๐Ÿ™‚
/Fredrik

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
fredrik
in reply to: fredrik

I asked my programmer friend. For anyone else having the same issue the solution is to actually use the RGBA option and paint white with alpha. ๐Ÿ™‚

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report