Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UVs modified after using Triangulate + failed Import FBX UE4

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kenji0090
2775 Views, 2 Replies

UVs modified after using Triangulate + failed Import FBX UE4

Hi people, I have two question about a couple issues occurred:

1. I was using .obj in Unreal Engine and building the lights I noticed several errors in the mesh due to the UVs. The UVs were modified slightly of their coordinates, unmatching the texture tiling. These errors occurred because the triangulation, and even in MAYA occurred the same. How can I preserve the coordinates when triangulating?

d28410266efe066aaeff4386ee8f95d0of67427bd751090091b115dbb8051ff49odbcdb40b87bc5ce756a1b4cd0da327a3o

2. Second question is about exporting FBX to UE4. I'm unable to import FBX. Everytime I tryed to import a FBX told me an error, "Can't detect import type. No mesh is detected or animation track.

de13f7bde3177ffabe87ae286d0d61bd.png

Thanks in advance to everybody.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sean.heasley
in reply to: kenji0090

Hi @kenji0090 your UVs look fine and I'd double check your texture and where the seam is to make sure everything is lining up right. As for the fbx issue you can try unchecking triangulate and smooth mesh in Maya. UE4 automatically triangulates any mesh when its imported so you shouldnt have to do it through Maya. If that works you can try leaving smooth mesh on and just keeping triangulate off. Let me know if this fixes your issue :).

Message 3 of 3
kenji0090
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi there Sean! I really appreciate your reply. 

I solved the FBX issue but noticing that if you select the group on Maya and you export the FBX, Unreal Engine 4 won't understand the Mesh, I have got to select the parts of the FBX independently. Also doing the material assign to the differents parts of the object.

The other problem with the UV's I couldn't resolve it this morning so I made a new disposition of the UVs that triangulate doens't broke.

8eaab0466fffd581c21a360d17e634ab.png

But I don't know why these artifacts appears when building the lights in Unreal, are freaking me out :D. 

I'll check few meshes and Uvs and start doing a few tests.

Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report