Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UV shells stuck together!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
manicmonkeynuts
3608 Views, 5 Replies

UV shells stuck together!

WTF.jpg

My UV shells are stuck together at the seam. I've restarted Maya several times and tried deleting history. This is also happening on brand new models and scenes.I have heard it may be soft selection but it shows as off and its only affecting the UVs. The models geometry is working as expected. I was able to move the shells individually by drag selecting the UVs and shrinking soft selection right down, but this is really not ideal. I have repaired Maya via control pannel and nothing changed, I did notice that before I notice this issue, I trouble exporting my model as an FBX file. I went to the plugin manager and found that alot of plugins were disabled. After re-enabling them I encountered this issue. Could they be related? Ive read that plugins can conflict with certian functions but I dont see how that could be since they were disabled. I have also tried a complete fresh install but the same thing is happening.

Is there anyone who can help? I have used maya for years and never seen this. Its driving me spare.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Just to let anyone who has this issue that I found a fix:

Go to My docs/Maya and rename the prefs folder "prefs.old" then restart maya and voila. All should be right with the world. It will reset your settings and shelves but hey, you can work unhindered.

Message 3 of 6
dave.rose
in reply to: manicmonkeynuts

Its amazing how many things that can fix!

Message 4 of 6
arkeyark
in reply to: manicmonkeynuts

Soft selection is on, Hit B and viola! No need to destroy all your hard sorted shelves and months of small changes to customize your maya.

Message 5 of 6
nikolodeon55
in reply to: arkeyark

Thanks for that

Message 6 of 6

Hello,
You should turn off symmetry to solve this issue. Press Ctrl+Shift+Right-Click and turn off symmetry. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report