Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quick select sets not working correctly :-/

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nickholl
1211 Views, 5 Replies

quick select sets not working correctly :-/

Hi, Ive got an annoying issue where my quick select sets aren't correctly selecting a meshes faces.

Basically, when i choose a set, the faces highlight, but when i got to assign a shader to those faces, it doesn't work.

I think its got something to do with the face that I assigned the select set over multiple meshes and it must be getting confused as to what mesh the faces refer to.

Would anybody know how perhaps I could nudge it into accurately selecting again?!

(hopefully that made some sense)

thanks for any help you can give!

Nick 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mspeer
in reply to: nickholl

Hi!

Here it works. Select a "quick select set" containing faces of 2 different objects, assign new material, works.

If you say it does not work, what happens in your case: nothing, error,... ?

Message 3 of 6
nickholl
in reply to: mspeer

Hi,

when I select the set, it displays the faces like this (attached). So no mesh is actually selected in object mode. If I assign a material it just gets created separately from the mesh

Message 4 of 6
mspeer
in reply to: nickholl

Hi!

"If I assign a material it just gets created separately from the mesh"

What do you mean with "created separately ".

The material should be assigned only to the selected faces.

Message 5 of 6
nickholl

sorry, I'm finding it really hard to explain. Ill have to have a better look when I'm at home this evening. Basically ill looking at the node structure in the hyper graph and it all looks quite messy, Im thinking something gone wrong somewhere along the way which is causing issues. 

Ill take a look later and hopefully be a little clearer 🙂

thanks for your patience 🙂

Message 6 of 6
nickholl

...and whilst I've used maya for a few years now, I'm not actually that knowledgable with the more technical aspects of it 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report