AREA Community - The Largest CG Forum on the Web
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
This page has been translated for your convenience with an automatic translation service. This is not an official translation and may contain errors and inaccurate translations. Autodesk does not warrant, either expressly or implied, the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information translated by the machine translation service and will not be liable for damages or losses caused by the trust placed in the translation service. To translate this discussion, select the language.

Maya Modeling

Highlighted
Post 1 of 5
Accepted Solution

Normals inverted

39 Views, 4 Replies
04-20-2017 02:54 PM

Hello! I just want to know how to invert the normals of this "hair" (I don't know what this is named, probably NURBS, I really don't know)

01.png02.png03.png

If they are Nurbs, just go to "Surfaces" in the modeling menu and hit "Reverse Direction"

reverse.PNG

Post 2 of 5

Re: Normals inverted

04-20-2017 05:01 PM in reply to: LecheBR

Have you tried selecting the faces of the surface you want to invert, then go to Edit Mesh > Reverse?

Post 3 of 5

04-20-2017 06:11 PM in reply to: tjhosking

Yes, but they are NURBS, só they didn't get reversed on this way

Post 4 of 5

04-21-2017 04:13 AM in reply to: Leche_BR

If they are Nurbs, just go to "Surfaces" in the modeling menu and hit "Reverse Direction"

reverse.PNG

Post 5 of 5

04-21-2017 01:05 PM in reply to: keith112

YES!

THANK YOU!

Saved me <3

(I created the post, but using the wrong account)

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post