Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nContraining a nCloth to pole

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
womp_1FDJBL
439 Views, 3 Replies

nContraining a nCloth to pole

I have been all over tutorials and following them to the "T" but my nCloth still does not stay on the pole

I am expecting it to stick to.  I created a canvas, shaped it as needed and then converted it to an burlap material

I create the poles into a passive collider from nCloth.  Placed the burlap over the poles selected the poles and burlap

went to vertex and selected the vertexes that I wanted to attach.  I then under nConstraint --> Point to Surface.

I select the first frame hit place the the burlap material falls through the poles.  It looks like a cloth material but

I can never get it to attach!   Please tell me what I am doing incorrectly!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Created a quick screencast for you. The problem with how you were doing it was the way you were making the selection before creating the constraint.

Faline Custodio Da Silva

Message 3 of 4

I have written down your instructions and followed them but STILL I cannot attach Canvas

I downloaded this screencast but do not know how to get it to you

Thomas Hanson

Message 4 of 4

@womp_1FDJBL

I've attached the file from the screencast. Check it out and compare it to what you have setup.

I'm happy to help you with any further questions you have.

Cheers

Faline Custodio Da Silva

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report