Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Muscle systems in Maya 2016?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
norrisavtech
4379 Views, 6 Replies

Muscle systems in Maya 2016?

Working on a rig that requires a muscle system, first time I have needed muscles since I upgraded to 2016. Where did all the muscle options go in Maya? According to Maya documentation online there is a Muscle Deformer under the Deformer menu but it isn't actually there, at least not on SP4. Was it replaced with something? Or am I finally officially insane and not seeing it right in front of me?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cornelh
in reply to: norrisavtech

Hi, norrisavtech

To find the Muscle menus in Maya 2016, you need be under your "Animation" menu sets.  Click on "Anim Deform" and click on the bottom line that says "Open full defrom Menu" you will find the Muscle menu item in that longer list.. here is screen grab of the fully opened menu.  hope this helps..

Good luck.

Message 3 of 7
norrisavtech
in reply to: cornelh

Hi cornelh,

Thank you for the reply. For some reason that is still not showing up in my menu. I attached a screen shot of it. Everything appears to be the same as yours, except it skips the Muscle menu. I am using Maya 2016 SP4.

Message 4 of 7
nichiata
in reply to: norrisavtech

Hi! I had the same problem, so press SPACE on your keyboard to acess all the options of Maya, then go to Deform. The muscle was there, I couldn't find it by serching for it on the Animation tab.

Message 5 of 7
Bergquist3D
in reply to: nichiata

The 'Space Key Menu' < Deform is also the only way I can access this menu, as the 'OpenFullDeformMenu' button gives me an error in AniDeformationsMenu.mel, BUT

First I had to go to Windows < Settings/Preferences < Plug-In Manager, and turn on MayaMuscle.mll before it would appear.

Message 6 of 7
aoldham
in reply to: Bergquist3D

I was having the same problem, where the muscle menu was missing. I didn't find it under AnimDeform, nor when I pressed space and went that route. I had already checked the Plug-In Manager to make sure the MayaMuscle was loaded, and it said it was. Confused, I experimented by unclicking the load button in the Plug-In Manager and hitting refresh, then re-clicking the load button. Sure enough, the Muscle menu popped up like it should have.

Message 7 of 7
aoldham
in reply to: aoldham

I had the same problem. The muscle menu should be under the "Wrinkle" option under the Full Deform Menu (in Maya 2017) which you can get to by going to the Animation mode, then AnimDeform> Open Full Deform Menu. However, I seem to constantly get a bug where the muscle menu doesn't show up. This is an easy fix. Just go to Windows> Settings/Preferences > Plug-In Manager to open the Plug-In Manager. Scroll down the list until you find the MayaMuscle.mll preset. Even though it says the preset is loaded, it does not show up in the Deform menu. Deselect the "Loaded" box next to MayaMuscle.mll and hit Refresh. Then Re-select the preset and hit Refresh again. This will jog the computer's memory, and the muscle menu should now appear in the Deform window under "Wrinkle". It is named "Muscle".

Hope this helps anyone having the same problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report