Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya project and grid not loading

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
hlw1181
403 Views, 5 Replies

Maya project and grid not loading

I was working on my project and it was working normally, but one day when I went to open the file to work on it MAYA came up blank. No grid, no project, no shelves. It's not just this project file, any time I open MAYA this happens. I thought it was because my start up disk was almost full, but I've cleared up a lot of space and even uninstalled and reinstalled MAYA. I'm not sure what else I can do, but I am working on a deadline and don't want to lose all the work I've done. Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 8.57.06 PM.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
damaggio
in reply to: hlw1181

Have you reset your pref folder already?

Message 3 of 6
hlw1181
in reply to: damaggio

Thanks! Just tried this and can't seem to find the folder. 

Message 4 of 6
damaggio

Just do a google search,...you will find.

Message 5 of 6
hlw1181
in reply to: damaggio

For some reason the folder look up cannot be found. Not sure if I'm formatting the version wrong by I've tried a bunch of different variationsScreen Shot 2017-04-25 at 9.54.41 AM.png

Message 6 of 6
hlw1181

Update! Reseting the prefs folder did the trick! Since I'm on the student version I had to access the folder in a slightly different way. This solution worked for me better than doing "Go to Folder..." Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report