Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.max to Maya

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
brianpfrang
706 Views, 2 Replies

.max to Maya

Ok, so I am aware there are ways to import it via .obj, .fbx, and so on. I wanted to know if there is a tool out there or possibly a script that anyone is aware of that will allow me to import my .max files from the past years without having to go onto my windows computer and do the import process there since Max takes roughly 20 minutes to start up and do anything on my Windows Laptop. I would rather take care of the process on my Mac for school if possible. Please any help would be useful. Well any help other than the FBX Converter tool. I tried installing it, but it never shows up in Maya or on it's own as a program. I installed the Maya Bonus Tools thinking the 3DS to Maya importer was for .max, but it was for .3DS file types only. Google seems to be a black hole for any info regarding this. Either that or I'm not going back far enough. Heck even a quick converter from .max to .3DS would help... Again thank you, I did a quick search of the forum for this topic and really didn't find anything, so if there is please don't get angry, just link the article here and be done with it at that point. Thank you everyone.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sean.heasley
in reply to: brianpfrang

Hi @brianpfrang try following this article and let me know if that helps you out.

Message 3 of 3
brianpfrang
in reply to: sean.heasley

At the risk of looking dumb, I totally forgot I made this post back in the day until you started replying to my crash thread lol. So um yeah the link is now dead. Anyway I wish they would just be compatible as in you can just open .max or .mb in either. It would be nice, unfortunately I think I'm stuck using .fbx...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report