Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I scale this face to be a perfect Square?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
joewevans2
1344 Views, 4 Replies

How can I scale this face to be a perfect Square?

Capture.PNG

How can I make this face equilateral?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

scale the edges instead (axis in Component mode)

Message 3 of 5

Sorry, Im a little unclear on what you mean?

Message 4 of 5
LifeArtist
in reply to: joewevans2

Hi,

there are a few ways of doing this:

1. As Orphydian already has mentioned you can use the scale tool. Scale just one axis at a time (blue, red or green) and eyeball it so that's a square. 
          Downside: It's up to you coming up with a perfect square.
        2. You can also create a plane rotate it so that it's aligned with the normal of the face and then snapping the vertices to the vertices of the plane
          Downside: Well if you don't align the cube well the vertices will be coming off from the cylinder.
        3. You can use my plugin which will create a square if you just select 4 edges, 1 face or 4 vertices.
          Downside: plugin installation

Additional information for 2.

You can use the tool modify -> snap together tool (open settings) and enabling snap to polygon face. Then you can select the face of the plane and from the cylinder and after hitting enter your plane is aligned to the face. Then moving your cylinder verts with vertex snapping and you have your square.

cube.png

Regards,

LifeArtist

Message 5 of 5
sharon3dx
in reply to: LifeArtist

You could also apply a little arithmetic in the Component Editor, under the Polygon tab, to each of the 4 selected vertices.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report