Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying and pasting faces?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
19265 Views, 7 Replies

Copying and pasting faces?

I am trying to copy selected faces on an object and pasting them so that I have a seperate set to work with but I am not allowed to do so and get this message "// Warning: Highlighted items will not be exported if they are not also selected."
I do have the polys selected that I want to copy so I am stuck.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello, you need to use the DUPLICATE FACE command, just select the faces you need, go to polygon menu/edit mesh/duplicate face

The fast way: select the faces press and hold shift + right mouse and choose duplicate face

* You can't use ctrl+c, ctrl+v to copy and paste vertex, edges and faces, that's why you're getting that message.

* You can't copy faces and paste them in to another object you must select 2 objects and combine them.
* You can't combine polygon objects with nurbs or subdiv objects.

Have a nice day.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks! I have recently switched from another software and am just getting to know Maya.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Very good, I recommend you to learn all the hotkeys in maya it will help you to improve your speed workflow.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I totally agree and am on it. Thanks again for the input and taking the time to do the illustration.
Message 6 of 8
xCyborg

Any chance we get proper component cut/copy/paste inside the same object and between objects any time soon?

Maya 2018 maybe?

Message 7 of 8
norbyscook
in reply to: xCyborg

modo is the only program I know that has it

Message 8 of 8
brokanteur
in reply to: norbyscook

yes, modo is at hundreds billions of light-year of 3ds max for modelling

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report