Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circlelizer modelling tool

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
LifeArtist
829 Views, 3 Replies

Circlelizer modelling tool

Good Morning,

after 3 years I finally have finished my first plugin. At this time I have modeled a weapon which had lots of holes and it was pretty annoying. I have learned a trick for creating equally spaced out holes with a cylinder but it really bothered me not having a tool which creates exact holes per one click. Now after I have managed to create a proper mod file I wanted to share it here.

So if you are interested in it: 

Circlelizer Plugin

Screenshots:

circ1.png

Example01.jpg

gui_view.png

(if you don't like the UI theme you can completely deactivating it)

Before I even start to program I have created a rough concept of what I need to care about within geogebra:

geogebracirc.png

Regards,

LifeArtist

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LifeArtist
in reply to: LifeArtist

Hey,

I have uploaded a new version of the plugin. I have redesigned the UI for, I hope, better usability. And of course you can still disable my styling:

gui_view_nostyle098.pnggui_view098.png

Its now possible to create circles also from surfaces which are not squared:

complexCircle.png

I have also added a new feature which will project the circle onto the mesh the circle was created from.

projection.png

One problem of the projection is, that it does not update its surrounded vertices or topology so after applying the circle you can still see that its modified geometry but still much better than without projection. In future, I will try to fix this. But first I need to fix some bugs like the one if you create a circle on an edge the calculations will offset and the circle is not proper lined up.

Another feature which I want to implement is the multiple circle creation. I think I have updated the plugin fairly good so it will be eventually easy to implement this.

Regards,

LifeArtist

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: LifeArtist

HOW DO INSTALL THIS? I READ THAT AND I DONT KNOW WHAT DOES "Replace the <enter here full path> with the full path to your circlelizer folder." MEANS

WHAT IS THIS????????????????????????????????

IT HAS NOTHING SPECIFIC IN MY .ZIP

Message 4 of 4
LifeArtist
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, sorry that you have problems with the installation.

Indeed I could have added the name of the file in which you can find the line. You can find it within the circlelizer.mod file. (updated the gumroad page)

+ circlelizer any <enter here full path>/Circlelizer

You now need to replace the part

<enter here full path>

With the full path to the plugin.

Regards,

LifeArtist

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report