Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG Cant Use MMB to transfrom face/edge/vert after deselecting using ctrl button

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
philip.bretschneider
492 Views, 3 Replies

BUG Cant Use MMB to transfrom face/edge/vert after deselecting using ctrl button

i have been having this problem ever since Maya 2019 came out, the steps that i have listed works as intended in object mode but as soon as you select with the face/edge/vert it does not move what you have selected, instead it drag selects an area. its a small but annoying bug as i use the middle mouse button to move objects all the time and now it pretty much slow down my work.

so to replicate the problem do this:

1. select multiple face/edge/vert 

2. deselect with ctrl button (deselecting with shift does not cause the problem)

3. manipulate the object

the result is that your middle mouse button will start selecting objects instead of manipulating the selected face/edge/vert. If its not a bug and it is intended, is there any way of changing it so that it works as deselecting and using the MMB in the object mode

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Philip,

I can reproduce this behaviour and have opened an internal issue to track this. I'll report back if I get more information.

Thanks.

--

Brent

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 3 of 4
brentmc
in reply to: brentmc

Hi Philip,

The only workaround I can think of is to MMB with your cursor over the selected components after deselecting. (which I know is not the most convenient workaround)

Thanks.

--

Brent

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 4 of 4

its really not the most practical solution but it will have to do untill the bug gets fixed, thank you for oppening an issue for this

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report