Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booleans, there must be at least 2 polygona selected?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1474 Views, 2 Replies

Booleans, there must be at least 2 polygona selected?

Hey, I'm trying to model my Xbox one it has like a drain sort of mesh on the top (see pictures attached)

I created a long thin rectangle rotated and duplicated special with the hope to then use booleans difference on the top face it says must be two polygons selected so I created half an Xbox and duplicate specialed that so I could booleans special the right half as a polygon selection instead of a face selection it now runs without error but doesn't give desired result it just reduces my mesh from 70 back to 1 rectangles, any advice? This is exactly the kind of challenge I wanted for my modeling practice but I really can't work it out

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @onliconnect

You're pretty close to getting it but I went ahead and made a video for you on how to do this Smiley Happy!

Please let me know if this helps or if you need any more assistance!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 3
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided Friday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report