cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physically-Based Shading/Rendering (PBS)

Physically-Based Shading/Rendering (PBS)

(Copied from original User Voice forum)

"I think it would be really quite useful if not necessary to have PBR/PBS shader/rendering technology in Maya LT. Physically based rendering/shading is currently used in Unity 5 as well as in the Unreal Game Engine. Additionally Painting applications such as Substance Painter and 3DCoat allow for PBR Texture generation which I would love to be able to import back into Maya LT. "

"Basically after closing Stingray, it would by nice to have another PBS Material that could allow us export in an easiest way all the maps to Unity and Unreal 4."

"Small fixes to PBR in Maya LT: Point and spot lights to work with standard physically based shader; hypershade to show correct samples, mine just shows static kinda like your tv is on the way out; attribute editor to show values as it doesn't always seem to display anything (the current workaround i have found it to open the attribute editor in the hypershade menu)."

2 Comments
aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

shaderkeeper
Participant

Also if possible it would be great if the TURTLE baker can sample PBR shaded surfaces - it currently can't.

It's good for a situation like:

- you have a higher poly mesh and you want to create a lower LOD version of it manually

- you create a new lower poly mesh using quad draw

- you use Turtle baking to transfer normal/albedo/etc. into the low poly model - it would be great if this supported PBR and could transfer all the maps including roughness/metalness, etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report