Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voting For New Features In Autodesk Software.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
gj99aaa
746 Views, 6 Replies

Voting For New Features In Autodesk Software.

Hello. I was recently told that it is possible to vote on adding new features to Autodesk programs after I posted a question on the Autodesk forum for finding the 'View Cube' in Maya LT 2017. Someone kindly sent me a link to an Autodesk page where people can vote for the new program features that they want.

I clicked on the 'vote' button, but I am not sure that my vote went through. It said that I must link existing account to my Autodesk account, or something like that. I still do not know if any vote went through.

Could somebody please advise me on what to do? Is there any way that a member of the Autodesk staff could tell the Maya LT development team to put the View Cube in to Maya LT anyway, because it is a really useful tool to have. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hello @gj99aaa,

Thank you for bringing this topic to the forums!

I agree that adding the ViewCube in Viewport 2.0 would be a great feature (I voted for it as well). =]

An AREA account is separate from your forum account, so I made a quick guide for you on setting up an AREA account so you can place your vote.

Click here: http://mayafeedback.autodesk.com/forums/160514-ideas-for-maya-forum/suggestions/3862806-viewcube-dis...

Follow these steps:

vote_AREA.jpg

I hope this information was helpful to you. If you have any other questions please let me know, I'm happy to help! Looking forward to your response.

Cheers

Faline Custodio Da Silva

Message 3 of 7

Hello @gj99aaa,

Just following up with you here, were you able to use my instructions to sign up for the AREA account?

If there is anything else I can help you with let me know, I'm happy to help!

Best regards

Faline Custodio Da Silva

Message 4 of 7
gj99aaa
in reply to: gj99aaa

Hello faline.farwell and thank you for your response. I believe everything has worked out o.k.

When I finished the setup, the screen just disappeared, but it did not tell me that a new account had been setup. I assume that this is what is supposed to happen. Either way I was able to make a vote for ViewCube in Viewport 2.0.

Just out of curiosity, do I use the same password for the Area Account, or do I need a different setup? Thank you for your time.

Message 5 of 7

Hey there @gj99aaa,

Thank you for that reply! I'm happy to hear you were able to cast your vote! =]

The login password and username/email for your forum and AREA account will be the same. You can manage that under Account Settings.

Do you have any other questions? Let me know, I'm happy to help.

Best regards,

Faline

Faline Custodio Da Silva

Message 6 of 7

@gj99aaa

Were you able to get your password and account working?

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Faline Custodio Da Silva

Message 7 of 7
gj99aaa
in reply to: gj99aaa

I think that everything is o.k now so thank you for all of your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report