Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turtle Envelope Surface not working

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
LaurensPaladin
621 Views, 4 Replies

Turtle Envelope Surface not working

Hi there People,

I am having issues when using the Turtle Texture baking envelope surfaces. Whatever I try, whatever setting I use... there is no difference when using or not using an envelope surface when baking my normal maps in Maya LT.

This is an issue, because I would like to keep my baking workflow within MayaLT. As for now I am forced to use XNormal or any other software for baking.

EnvelopeIssue.JPG

There is clearly no  distinction between the two and it looks like in both cases it uses the low poly mesh for baking instead of the envelope surface (cage), while using the same setup in XNormal works perfectly fine.

Some clarification would be great!

Thank you very much in advance

Laurens 't Jong
Lead 3D Artist

Paladin Studios

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cornelh
in reply to: LaurensPaladin

@LaurensPaladin

This does seem to be a limitation, and is logged as a bug in our system MAYA-48740.  For now I would use Xnormals as a workaround, and hopefully this gets dealt with soon.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  

Message 3 of 5
LaurensPaladin
in reply to: cornelh

Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to the fix.

Message 4 of 5
ashyankee
in reply to: LaurensPaladin

Any update on this fix? I really like the normal maps created by Maya. This cage thing is a bummer.
Message 5 of 5

Really need an update on this, is anyone using turtle successfully? I've just purchased 2018 and it still doesn't seem to care about baking cages.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report