Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya LT to Three.js or Babylon.js

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tunepunk3TN5H
2393 Views, 3 Replies

Maya LT to Three.js or Babylon.js

What's the best easiest procedure, exporting models and animations from Maya LT to Three.js, or babylon.js?

I havn't found any decent converters, and Maya LT doesn't support 3rd party plugins, provided by either of these.

Anyone has any experience with a workflow from Maya LT, to any of these?

So far it seems my only option is exporting to FXB > Import to Blender > Export to js > import to three/babylon

or ....

get full version of maya, and I don't wanna pay 242€ a month just to export a few animations.

There's seriously no exporter/tool for easy conversion to any of these?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cornelh
in reply to: tunepunk3TN5H

@tunepunk3TN5H

I think you hit the nail on the head.  If you have found a workaround, I would say stick to it.  fbx is going to be your best bet.  or as you described you would have to get a plugin that is compatible with Maya full version and export via that method.  It also seems as there are other options like using 3DSMax with 3rd party plugins.  This is something that falls out of the scope of Autodesk support, yet if any other members here on the community have any other inputs, please share them.  I wish you the best of luck.

Message 3 of 4
tunepunk3TN5H
in reply to: cornelh

It didn't really work as planned. No luck exporting from exporting to fbx > import to blender > export to js > import to three.js I can't seem to get it to work although in theory it should.

I really hope Maya LT will start opening up for third party plugins, as there is an exporter plugin available for full Maya. As an indie gamedev hobbyist, full Maya price is way too steep for me.

I hope Maya LT dev team takes notice, as 3D in HTML5 games/webapps is getting more common, and Maya LT is targeted at game devs.

On my wishlist.
Export to, WebGL/HTML5  (Three.js, babylon.js, playcanvas export in Maya LT), since unity, and unreal already is supported so something similar would be nice for Three/Babylon/Playcanvas

Message 4 of 4
alex
in reply to: tunepunk3TN5H

Try Verge3D for Maya. This Three.js-based tool is the most advanced Maya-to-glTF exporter capable of handling Standard Surface materials, skeletal animation, shape targets (morphing), interactive scripting and other things.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report