Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya LT 2019 BUG: Changing one object's pivot changes all pivots on others.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
baez_isaac
1338 Views, 8 Replies

Maya LT 2019 BUG: Changing one object's pivot changes all pivots on others.

Hello,

Maya LT 2019 has a bug when changing the pivot on one object changes the pivot on others in a scene. Even after resting setting and starting a new scene this still occurs. 

Thanks

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jordan.giboney
in reply to: baez_isaac

Hi @baez_isaac 

Thanks for reporting this! It definitely seems like there is a discrepancy between Maya LT 2018 and 2019 in this behavior. When you were editing your pivot point in the video, were you holding down the d key to do so? Or a different method? Just want to make sure I am following the same process.

For future reference (and to spread the knowledge on the forum), we also have the Autodesk Report a Bug tool for Maya 🙂 You can submit info like this directly to our QA team for testing.

Thanks again for being a part of our community! 

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 9
baez_isaac
in reply to: jordan.giboney

Hello Jordan,

Yes in the video I am using the D key to move the pivot point around.  Also thanks for the link on where I can post any bug I find.

Thanks

Message 4 of 9
jordan.giboney

Awesome! 🙂 I logged it internally as well, but the more reports the better!

Thanks again for posting.

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jordan.giboney

This glitch is driving me crazy! I'm SO GLAD that someone else brought it up because I would have thought it might just be my computer or license. I'll submit a ticket myself. Thanks Jordan for your attention to it as well.

Ihab

Message 6 of 9

Did you guys found a solution for this bug?
I'm having the same problem in here.

Message 7 of 9

Hello,

I haven't found a solution for this in Maya LT 2019 for this pivot issue. I actually moved on to the Indie Maya license because of this bug. I haven't used Maya LT 2020 so they might of fixed it.

Message 8 of 9

I see.
I'm actually using Maya 2018, I have already reseted everything but the problem persists.
Anyway, thank you very much for the feedback.

Message 9 of 9
vladissoula

Solution: Open Move Tool Settings window and click reset tool, repeat for the scale and rotate tools

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report