Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's 2022

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Angellusravenix
1437 Views, 11 Replies

It's 2022

Is there going to be an updated Maya LT or is 2020 the last version of the software being released? I was curious for how much longer 2020 will/ would the program be supported.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: Angellusravenix

LT is becoming Maya Creative: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Changes-to-...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 12
Angellusravenix
in reply to: DarrenP

Yeah, I saw that. But all it offers is Flex payments. So will an ACTUAL subscription model be released at some point, or are we just suppose to buy a handful of flex tokens and try to get all of our work done in a short window of time? And I have a year license on LT right now, how do I move into the 3 yr plan?

Message 4 of 12
DarrenP

Talk to your reseller about switching to the 3 year plan

This also may happen automatically contact your reseller to confirm

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 12
Kiadaw

What about the MLT file format? ALL Maya LT users (especially long-time one) will be screwed once MLT format is dead & no software can read them going forward. 

Autodesk is forcing people to blender. If all my 8 years of fiels are no longer readable, I might as well start from scratch & use blender. 

Message 6 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: Kiadaw

according to the comparison chart: https://www.autodesk.com/products/maya-creative/compare

Maya Creative can open mlt files

DarrenP

Message 7 of 12
Kiadaw

Thanks for the link. So both Maya & Maya Creative can open MLT file from the chart

So this info is wrong or outdated?
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya-lt/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Open-f...
Message 8 of 12
DarrenP

yea you can open .mlt files  directly in Maya 2023

straight from the help:

Note: Maya doesn't save scene files in .mlt format, but you can load them. When opening a .mlt file in Maya, resave the file in .ma or .mb format. 

DarrenP

Message 9 of 12
Kiadaw

Thanks a lot. That's the info I need. I will consider Maya Creative when my Maya LT sub ended next April. (I do still get the 3 years extension I guess)
Message 10 of 12
DarrenP

this must have been a new feature in 2023 because 2022 does not have this ability

DarrenP

Message 11 of 12
Kiadaw

What ability? opening MLT file? I guess because Maya LT will be decommissioned, and long-term users need to be able to open MLT files for future use, ie in Maya Creative/standard/Indie.
Or if you mean the 3 years extension. It's from paragraph 3.
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Changes-to-...

"To ensure a smooth transition, Autodesk will issue free 3-year Maya LT subscriptions to customers who have an active subscription on September 14th, 2022. See question 9 for more details."

Message 12 of 12
DarrenP

yes i meant the ability to open mlt files in Maya 2023

DarrenP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report