Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xgen Interactive Grooming went crazy referencing it in another scene

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
wy45
697 Views, 6 Replies

Xgen Interactive Grooming went crazy referencing it in another scene

Hi, I am currently using Maya 2018 student version doing a project. I just came across this problem today. When I referenced my character with Xgen (Interactive) and did animation with it a few days ago, it didn't appear to have this problem. However, when I again opened my scene this afternoon, the character's hair just went crazy.

I checked the Interative Groom Editor and the sculpt layer for combing is still on, but apparently, it is not working in the animation scene. I tried to reload the scenes dozen of times but it didn't seem fixed. Is there any way I could fix this problem?

This is how it looks like today.This is how it looks like today.This is how the hair supposed to look like.This is how the hair supposed to look like.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sean.heasley
in reply to: wy45

Hi @wy45 

It almost looks like a GPU issue and/or viewport issues.

A quick test you can try is unloading/reloading the Xgen plugins from the plugin manager then open the scene.

If that doesn't help, you may want to check and make sure your GPU drivers are up to date.

Steps to update your drivers can be found here!

Finally, while it looks off in the viewport, if you render the scene as is does it look how its supposed to or still incorrect?

Message 3 of 7
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @wy45 

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 7
wy45

Hi,

I rendered the scene and it looked like the hair in the viewport. I tried multiple times unloading and reloading the x-gen plugin but it didn't seem to be working. I also tried to open the scene not only on my own laptop but on my university computer, however, they were both having the same issue and showing the messed up hair. As I'm using a MacBook Pro for my work, it seems like the only way that I could update my GPU driver is to attach an external graphic card, which is not applicable to me. 

For now, I created another x-gen hair and attached it to the character directly in the scene that I animated and it works. However, is there any other way I could fix this problem for my future project?

Message 5 of 7
sean.heasley
in reply to: wy45

Hi @wy45 

Glad to hear its working once you applied the new hair.

As for avoiding this issue its not clear what caused it so steps to avoid it are difficult aside from saving in iterations and backing up you work etc.

If you can zip and attach the project here I can take a look at it and see if there's anything obvious that may have caused this.

Message 6 of 7
wy45

Hi,

It's a bit inconvenient as the file is too big even though it's zipped. I guess I'll just have to try and see if it is still happening in my next project.

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Message 7 of 7
jims60639

hi 
 I have a problem, I can't find the button" Xgen interactive grooming" xgen interactive grooming,And when I try to click on it below the bar an alert appears 

How do I solve this problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report