Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Maya viewport run at higher refresh rate?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
maxmendoza0
1020 Views, 4 Replies

Will the Maya viewport run at higher refresh rate?

I'm getting a new monitor and was wondering if a higher refresh rate like 120Hz or 144hz would make the Maya viewport look smoother (assuming my computer can handle the scene at a higher refresh rate)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sean.heasley
in reply to: maxmendoza0

Hi @maxmendoza0 

Smoother how?

I would only imagine you would see a performance increase when playing back animations but this will also only improve if your GPU can handle the scene you are working with. While their may be a slight improvement I don't believe the viewport has any settings for running at higher refresh rates.

Message 3 of 5
maxmendoza0
in reply to: sean.heasley

Thank you. By smoother I just meant a higher refresh rate when navigating the view port like during turning and panning and zooming. I didn't know if that is capped at 60hz or if I had a 144hz monitor if the viewport also refresh at 144hz. Does that make sense? Thank you for you're response

Message 4 of 5
sean.heasley

Hi @maxmendoza0 

You might see a change but I don't know for a fact if Maya has a capped refresh rate. I would assume its 60 but I also wouldn't be surprised if it is able to adjust to the new monitor and show a higher refresh rate.

Message 5 of 5
jaumann9QPM4

My system is a Corsair One Pro a200 (AMD 5950X, RTX 3080, 64 GB) with a Samsung Odyssey G9 (max 240 Hz) and it did not work at anything more than 60 Hz. When set at 240 Hz the colors in all parts of the Maya window would flicker rapidly during mouse movement and selection operations, kind of like the color temperature was being adjusted very fast. Nearly impossible to use. Also, switching between Maya and other programs, like windows explorer, would cause the entire screen to turn black for a split second. Enabling/disabling HDR had no effect. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report